In this article, we shall look into the list of Universities That Accept Low JAMB Score.
If you scored low in JAMB and you do not want to settle for polytechnics or colleges of education, it may excite you to know that there are some universities that accept low JAMB score.
While not all universities accept a low JAMB score, some still consider it for admission.
Some people believe that a low JAMB score is one below 180, which could be right anyways.
But personally, I believe that a low JAMB score is a score lesser than the cutoff mark of the course or institution you are applying to.
If your JAMB score is low or not up to what you might have expected, there’s a way out.
You can gain admission into some Nigerian universities even if you have a low JAMB score.
In this guide, I will show you both state and federal universities that accept low JAMB score.
Ready? Let’s go!
Can I Get Admission with a Low JAMB Score?
Yes, you can get admission with a low JAMB score.
In fact, in one of my previous posts, I wrote a full guide on how to gain admission with low JAMB score.
Getting admission with a low JAMB score is possible, but it may be a bit challenging.
JAMB is an exam conducted in Nigeria for students seeking admission into tertiary institutions.
So, if your JAMB score is not very high, don’t worry, there are still options for you.
Firstly, you can consider applying to institutions with lower admission requirements.
Some universities or colleges might have cutoff marks that are not as high as others.
Research and find those institutions where your JAMB score might meet their criteria.
Another option is to apply for less competitive courses.
Some courses have fewer applicants, which means the competition is not as fierce.
By opting for these courses, you increase your chances of getting admitted despite a low JAMB score.
Private institutions can also be a good alternative.
They often have different admission policies compared to public universities.
Some private institutions may consider additional factors beyond JAMB scores, so do your research and inquire about their requirements.
If none of these options work, you could explore pre-degree or remedial programs.
These programs help students improve their academic performance and prepare them for university-level studies.
Successfully completing such a program may enhance your chances of gaining admission to the institution afterward.
Supplementary or direct entry programs are worth considering too.
Some institutions offer these options, allowing students to gain admission without relying solely on their JAMB scores.
However, be prepared for additional entrance exams or qualifications.
Remember, even with a low JAMB score, it’s important to excel in other aspects of the admission process.
Write a compelling personal statement, aim for good grades in your O’level exams, and prepare well for any additional entrance exams or interviews.
Overall, while a low JAMB score may limit your options, there are still paths to admission.
Explore different institutions, courses, and programs, and put in the effort to excel in other areas of your application.
Recommended: 10 Tips on How to Score 300 and Above in JAMB
List of Universities That Accept Low JAMB Score
As I earlier said, I will give you a list of both state and federal universities that accept low JAMB score, so let’s go!
State Universities That Accept Low JAMB Score
Here are state universities that accept low JAMB score:
- Taraba State University, Jalingo
- Confluence University of Science and Technology Osara, Kogi
- University of Delta, Agbor
- Delta University of Science and Technology, Ozoro
- Dennis Osadebe University, Asaba
- Tai Solarin University of Education Ijebu Ode
- Umar Musa Yar’ Adua University Katsina
- Yobe State University, Damaturu
- Gombe State Univeristy, Gombe
- Adamawa State University Mubi
- Akwa Ibom State University, Ikot Akpaden
- Bauchi State University, Gadau
- Eastern Palm University Ogboko, Imo State
- University of Africa Toru Orua, Bayelsa State
- Bornu State University, Maiduguri
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai
- Edo State University Uzairue
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Uli
- Moshood Abiola University of Science and Technology Abeokuta
- Gombe State University of Science and Technology
- Zamfara State University
- Kebbi State University of Science and Technology, Aliero
- Nasarawa State University Keffi
- Plateau State University Bokkos
- Ignatius Ajuru University of Education,Rumuolumeni
- Sule Lamido University, Kafin Hausa, Jigawa
- Sokoto State University
- Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano
- Oyo State Technical University Ibadan
Federal Universities that Accept Low JAMB Score
Here are federal universities that accept low JAMB score:
- Nigerian Maritime University Okerenkoko, Delta State
- University of Health Technology, Otukpo Benue State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
- Federal University of Health Sciences Ila-orangun
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal University, Gusau Zamfara
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa
Polytechnics that Accept Low JAMB Score
In case you want to consider polytechnics, I got you covered!
Here are the top polytechnics that accept low JAMB score:
- Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu
- Federal Polytechnic, Nassarawa
- Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
- Federal Polytechnic Offa
- Federal Polytechnic, Oko
- Federal Polytechnic, Idah
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
- The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun State
- Abdul-Gusau Polytechnic, Talata-Mafara
- Akwa-Ibom State Polytechnic
- Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic
- Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida
- Akwa Ibom State College of Arts and Science Nung, Ukim
- Auchi Polytechnic (AUCHIPOLY)
- Abia State Polytechnic
- Adamawa State Polytechnic
- Kano State Polytechnic
- Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna
- Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
- Nasarawa State Polytechnic
- Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi-Uku
- Delta State Polytechnic, Otefe
- Osun State Polytechnic, Iree
- Osun State College of Technology, Esa-Oke
- Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro
- Federal Polytechnic, Namoda
- Usman Katsina Polytechnic
- Kogi State Polytechnic
- Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin
- Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic
- Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic
- Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin-Ladi
- Polytechnic of Sokoto
- Ramat Polytechnic
- Rivers State College of Arts and Science
- Rivers State Polytechnic
- Enugu Polytechnic
- Federal School of Dental Technology and Therapy, Enugu
- GATEWAY Polytechnic, Igbesa
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic
- College of Administrative and Business Studies, Potiskum
- Institute of Management and Technology Enugu
- Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo
- Jigawa State Polytechnic
- Gateway Polytechnic Saapade
- Edo State Institute of Technology and Management, Usen
- Niger State Poly, Zungeru, Niger State
- Nigeria Army School of Military Engineering
- Waziri Umaru Fed. Polytechnic Birnin Kebbi, Kebbi
Recommended: Is NECO Harder Than WAEC? (Answer Revealed)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I Change My Age on JAMB?
No, you cannot change your age on JAMB once you have completed the registration process.
JAMB requires accurate and truthful information during registration, including your date of birth.
Any attempt to alter your age after registration would be considered fraudulent.
If you made an error during registration, I recommend contacting JAMB directly for guidance on how to rectify the mistake.
How Can I Do Change of Institution in JAMB?
To do JAMB change of institution, here’s what you can do: Go to the JAMB portal and log in using your email and password.
Look for the option called “Correction of Data” and click on it.
Then, select “Change of Institution/Course.”
You’ll need to pay a fee, usually charged by JAMB.
Once the payment is made, choose your new institution and course.
Double-check everything, submit the form, and don’t forget to print the acknowledgment slip.
Just make sure you meet the eligibility requirements of the new institution and course before proceeding.
What Course Can I Study with a 160 JAMB Score?
With a JAMB score of 160, there are still some courses you can study.
You might consider courses that have lower cutoff marks or are less competitive.
Some potential choices could be education courses, languages and linguistics, agricultural courses, library and information science, and certain environmental science courses.
Remember, each institution has its own admission criteria, so it’s important to research specific universities and their cutoff marks for different courses to find the ones that align with your JAMB score.
Also Read: Can I Use WAEC GCE to Study Abroad?
How Many Percent of JAMB Questions Are Repeated?
JAMB puts a strong emphasis on maintaining the integrity of its exams, which means they strive to keep question repetition to a minimum.
While you might come across a few similarities or concepts from previous exams, JAMB actively works to ensure that questions are fresh and not repeated too frequently.
They aim to provide a fair assessment for all candidates and discourage any unfair advantage.
So, it’s best to prepare thoroughly and focus on understanding the subject matter rather than relying on the possibility of repeated questions.
Is 250 a Good JAMB Score?
Yes, 250 is considered a good JAMB score.
With the maximum score being 400, achieving 250 shows a commendable performance.
However, it’s important to keep in mind that the competitiveness of admission varies across institutions and courses.
Different universities and programs may have different cutoff marks and requirements.
It’s advisable to research the specific admission criteria of your desired institution and course to determine if your JAMB score meets their expectations.
Other factors such as O’level grades and the number of applicants can also influence your chances of admission.
Recommended: 15 Foreign Universities That Accept WAEC Certificate
If you have a low JAMB score, do not worry, you can still gain admission, although it may no longer be at the institution or program of your dreams.
Sometimes, you may have to now go for a less competitive institution or course or explore other alternatives.
But what matters most is that you are able to gain admission despite your low JAMB score.
In this article, I have shown you some state and federal universities that accept a low JAMB score as well as polytechnic too.
So if you have a low JAMB score, you can consider applying to any of these universities.
If you have any questions or inquiries, kindly drop them in the comment section and I will respond as fast as I can.
Best of luck!
- Is WAEC Certificate Accepted Internationally?
- Can I Use WAEC Result to Study in the USA?
- What Causes Failure in WAEC in Nigeria? (Top 20 Reasons)
- 10 Steps for Writing WAEC Informal Letter
- 28 Tips on How to Score A1 in WAEC as a Nigerian Student
- 12 Tips on How to Prepare for WAEC in One Month as a Nigerian Student
- 20 Tips on How to Pass WAEC in One Sitting as a Nigerian Student
- 15 Tips for Passing WAEC with Flying Colors as a Nigerian Student
- Can I Get a Job in Canada from Nigeria without IELTS?
- Can I Study Law in the USA and Practice in Nigeria?
- Can I Use My Nigerian Certificate to Work in Canada?
- Can I Work in the UK with My Nigerian Certificate?
- Can a Nigerian Lawyer Practice in Canada?
- Which Countries Can Nigerian Lawyers Practice?
- Can a Nigerian Lawyer Work in the UK?